The nTalents Basic Math Skills Test for Employment
The nTalents basic maths skills test or the numeracy skills test is something that is very important for all aspiring teachers. All the aspiring teachers must sit for numeracy test before they get hired and it worries them. So, what exactly is it?
What is nTalents basic maths skill test?
The nTalents basic maths skill is an important professional skill test that you must pass if you want to be a teacher. The test is designed to measure a core skill that all the teachers must possess in order to work without any hurdle when combined with enough subject knowledge. The skills test checks whether you have broad and strong maths skills, no matter what subject you tend to specialise in, while teaching.
Importance of basic maths skills test
The nTalents basic maths skills test is important for every potential teacher to perform better as a teacher. If you want to progress from a trainee teacher to a full-time one, you have to pass this important check, Some educational institutes also expect teachers to pass such tests after every few years so that they can track whether re-skilling is required or not.
Specifics of Basic Maths Skills Test
You will have to finish the test in approximately one hour. It is generally broken down into two sections:
- Mental Arithmetic
- Written Arithmetic and data.
Steps to Basic Maths Test Success
Here we are going to discuss about the steps to successfully pass the nTalents basic maths test for employment.
- Mental Arithmetic
This section of numeracy skill test includes approximately 20 questions and some of them may be audio based. You will be given headphones to listen to the questions. You will be assessed on your ability to calculate mentally without using a calculator. The questions are timed, and it is important that you make your calculations quite fast. The mathematics factors included in this part are-
- Addition, multiplication, subtraction and division
- Decimals, percentages and fractions
- Measurements, such as distance, area and volume
- Written and Data Section
Here, you do not need any headphones as you will see all the questions in front of you on a computer screen. You will have to answer approximately 20
16 questions in less than 40 minutes. This part of the assessment test includes-
- Identification of trends and patterns
- Comparing data and getting conclusions
- Interpretation of written numerical data
Tips to pass the Basic Maths Test
Here, we are going to discuss some tips to pass the nTalents basic maths test.
- Never Stop Practising
Practising is the best fundamental point when it comes to preparation for literally anything. Practising will strengthen your skills and let you discover your weaknesses so that you can fix them successfully.
- Try to finish on time
When you practice, keep an eye on the clock and try to finish things on time. Do not allow yourself to waste any time. Move through all the questions with a great pace. Time management is an important skill that you need to be successful.
Ready to start?
It's free and very simple to set up!Let's Go →
1. The most comprehensive solution for evaluating today's talent. For more detail about product nTalents
- Integrates all best practices
- Insights to identify the best, faster
- Industry-role specific benchmarking
2.FAQs for customer – Do you have any question/query?
- How does Ntalents.ai identify the best candidates from a pool of applicants?
- How does Ntalents.ai help scale business and get the best sales talent in the industry?
- What are the different types of questions in the evaluation test?
For more about FAQs nTalents
3. Awards and Recognitions for nTalents
- Received grant award of INR 2.5 Lakhs from the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India
- Finding mention in NDTV just after first 6 months of existence
For more about Awards and Recognitions nTalents
4. Important & Interesting facts About Artificial Intelligence by nTalents